Please call our office directly at (480) 447-9490 for further instructions about what to do if your child needs URGENT medical attention. Please note that requests for medication refills, filling out forms requiring signatures, or appointment schedule/reschedule/cancellation are NOT part of after hours care and pages will not be returned until the next business day.
Where should you bring your child afterhours at night or on weekends? We recommend a facility with expertise in caring for children.
When should you use an ER or an Urgent Care? These guidelines may help: http://www.phoenixchildrens.org/urgent-care/uc-vs-ed
For urgent care, the following pediatric-specific facilities may be your best bet:
- PCH has several urgent cares, including an East Valley Location http://www.phoenixchildrens.org/locations/specialty-mesa
- All Kids Urgent Care has 2 east valley locations https://mysickkid.com/
- Goodnight Pediatrics has night and weekend hours http://www.goodnightpeds.com/locations/gilbert-az/east-valley
For emergency care, the following departments have pediatric-trained emergency physicians and healthcare providers:
- PCH Emergency Department is currently located on the east side of the main campus http://www.phoenixchildrens.org/locations/main-hospital-campus
- Cardon (Banner Children's/Banner Desert) Emergency Department https://www.bannerhealth.com/services/pediatrics/treatment/emergency-care